At Refresh Recovery in San Diego, our highly experienced and trained staff has an empathetic approach to treating clients with schizophrenia and other mental health disorders conditions.
What is Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a serious mental health disorder and is responsible for a variety of symptoms. Medical professionals frequently explain that individuals may not invariably differentiate their thoughts from reality.
Symptoms of schizophrenia comprise:
- Fantasies – uncommon views not founded on fact
- Confused beliefs founded on hallucinations or illusions
- losing interest in everyday activities
- Hallucinations – hearing or seeing something that does not exist
- Avoiding people, even family, and friends
- Not caring about hygiene nor personal appearance
When To Get Help For Schizophrenia
If someone shows symptoms of having schizophrenia, it is recommended to visit a medical professional as soon as possible. Schizophrenia should be diagnosed and treated as quickly as possible.
There’s no test for detecting and diagnosing schizophrenia, nor any other mental health disorder. It’s typically diagnosed after an examination by a psychiatrist.
At Refresh Recovery, we can support the journey with evidence-based approaches and sustained outcomes, including dual diagnoses such as substance use disorders.
What Causes Schizophrenia
The causes of schizophrenia are unknown to science. However, various hereditary and environmental factors are thought to produce this disorder. There is a theory that some people are more susceptible to becoming schizophrenics, and some circumstances can activate the condition, such as a traumatic event or substance abuse, a dual diagnosis that is common. Some of these addictions include alcohol, fentanyl, heroin, and prescriptions among others.
Quality of Life When Living With Schizophrenia
If schizophrenia is well handled, it’s feasible to reduce the chance of presenting severe relapses.
practical actions may include:
- identifying the symptoms of an episode
- taking drugs as prescribed by the medical professional
- Speaking to a therapist about the condition
- Support from family and friends
- Meeting and speaking to others who also suffer from the condition, support groups are a great help.
There are many misconceptions about schizophrenia. Accounts in the mainstream media and on social media platforms are frequently deceitful.
At Refresh Recovery mental health outpatient San Diego, we provide awareness and science-based approaches for those suffering from schizophrenia that can have applicable and sustained results. If you or someone you know are suffering from mental health disorders such as depression, bipolar, or stress, we can provide a custom program for your recovery.
Treatment for Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is commonly ministered to with medication and psychotherapy: antipsychotic drugs and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) are typically used.
Support and adequate treatment may assist in reducing the condition’s symptoms.
Facts About Schizophrenia
- Schizophrenia does not imply that someone has multiple personalities.
- An individual with schizophrenia is not necessarily a danger to others or violent. Most people with the disorder do not perpetrate violent offenses. It could be the case that the risk may be slightly higher among people who have schizophrenia than those who don’t.
- It is not proven that schizophrenia is why drugs and alcohol are far more likely to be the cause.
The statements here are delivered for information purposes only and are not intended as medical advice. The readers should seek medical and professional advice, please reach out to us here at Refresh Recovery where we offer a higher level of care. We like to guide many in their journey towards mental health recovery at our community resource page.
Treating Schizophrenia Compassionately in California
If you or a loved one is suffering from schizophrenia or other mental health disorders, Refresh Recovery wants to be a haven for your care in a serene, caring, compassionate, and science-based manner. Let us in San Diego offer solutions that have applicable and sustainable outcomes.