Refresh Recovery meth rehab in San Diego, California, provides an atmosphere of non-judgment and professional support to experience long-term and sustainable sobriety away from the tearing effects of methamphetamine.
What are Side Effects of Meth Abuse?
Using methamphetamine is a risk to your physical and mental health. This is partly from the meth itself and partly from other things you tend to do while taking it. Harm can also be caused by by-products and pollutants present when being manufactured. This is particularly risky if you inject methamphetamine.
Using methamphetamine over a long period may develop severe health problems such as:
- physical dependence and constant sleep problems that affects concentration, work, studies, and quality of life
- loss of appetite, resulting in malnutrition, severe tooth decay, loss of teeth, skin sores, and weight loss
- severe mental and emotional symptoms, such as anxiety, mood changes, depression, suicidal thoughts, aggression, and psychosis (paranoia, hallucinations – seeing and hearing unreal things and delusions)
- high blood pressure, strokes, heart attacks.
Other risks include:
- the unknown effect methamphetamine has when it is mixed with other drugs or medication
- risky sexual behavior that leads to STIs or unplanned pregnancy
- risk of overdose from a strong batch or large dose of methamphetamine, which often leads to death
- other diseases have gotten from injecting (e.g., hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, skin infection, septicemia).
You also put yourself at risk of a criminal conviction since meth is classified as a Class A drug, just like heroin. You may recover from a lot of the harm after you stop using the drug, but other effects might be permanent.
Being addicted means losing control over your use, finding it difficult to stop using the drug, with cravings and a compulsive drive to keep using, despite awful consequences. People may have a physical craving, a psychological need, or both.
Meth Addiction Treatment in San Diego
Meth addiction requires specific attention to the body’s physiological withdrawal symptoms, a detoxification experience that Refresh Recovery San Diego professionals and clinicians have. Treatment for crystal meth addiction is a long-term process.
Many services can help you recover, from online counseling to inpatient rehab, such as those available at Refresh recovery.
Recovering crystal meth addicts are not able to experience pleasure, sometimes for months. Combined with meth’s psychological solid addiction, this often leads to relapses.
The most effective treatments for methamphetamine addiction are designed to help addicts change their thinking and behavior. They learn new ways to cope with stress. Treatment that involves the addict’s entire family is most successful, and support groups are helpful when used to supplement this treatment.
Some people believe the “Matrix” model is an effective way to treat meth addiction. In this method of outpatient therapy, patients learn about their addiction and how to manage cravings and avoid risky activities that could trigger using meth again. The “Matrix” method also uses family therapy, drug testing, and a 12-step process.
If you decide to cut back or stop after using methamphetamine, you will likely experience withdrawal symptoms, which depend on how you have been consuming (drinking, smoking, snorting, injecting). It is not uncommon to be using methamphetamines in conjunction with other drugs such as heroin, fentanyl, alcohol, and other benzos. At Refresh Recovery treatment, we attend to multiple drug use disorders as well as their concomitant mental health effects.
The longer you are addicted, the harder it is to break free. At Refresh Recovery mental health and addiction treatment, rehab for crystal meth can be treated with:
- counseling, motivational interviewing, and cognitive behavior therapy (psychological treatment that encourages a change your behavior in the patient)
- medication, group therapy, family therapy, detox programs
- inpatient or outpatient rehab
Get Meth Rehab Today in San Diego at Refresh Recovery
Let Refresh Recovery provide a science-based rehab to meth treatment in San Diego. Contact us for availability and to support the transition towards rehabilitation from meth, where you will have a safe place, somewhere quiet, including a routine with a personalized program specific to your needs.